Monday 1 August 2011

Fantasia Barrino is pregnant

Fantasia Barrino surprised her audience during a charity concert Sunday in Jacksonville with some big news: She’s pregnant.
“I share this with you because I can relate to you,’’ said the American Idol winner, who did not mention the baby’s father. But the singer has been linked to Antwaun Cook, whose marriage disintegrated after news of the affair broke in 2010. Barrino later attempted suicide because she was so skewered in the press. Pics on eurweb.com show the couple in Barbados, with Barrino sporting a large bump. The couple first met in a T-Mobile store in Charlotte, N.C., where Cook was a staffer.

Singer, 27, announced the baby news in front of an audience while performing at a charity concert in Jacksonvilla, Fla., on Sunday.

"You are the first people that I share this news with," she told the audience, People magazine reports. "And I share this with you because I can relate to you. And for a while, I walked around figuring out what they will say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you, I don't live my life for folk."

"So, this child that I carry - God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all," she added.

Barrino made no mention of the baby's father. She has most recently been linked to Antwaun Cook. The relationship made headlines last year when his estranged wife, Paula Cook, named Barrino in their split.

The singer has said that the negative attention surrounding her personal life drove her to attempt suicide last August, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Barrino has a 9-year-old daughter, Zion, from a previous relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment